Monday, September 3, 2012

A Different Sort of Revelation

May 12, 2011 - Thank you so much to everyone who read my blog while I was journeying through my DTS. I appreciated the support that people cared about what I was doing and it made me feel so much more effective in ministry that I could process and share what God was doing in my life as it was happening. I find that I am a writing processer, meaning that for me to work things out in my head I need to write them down. Friends of mine do that verbally and I envy that characteristic, but God has allowed some pretty cool stuff to flow from my finger tips so I won't complain with what He has given me either.

Blogs from now on will be about what life at home is like for me. Obviously they won't be consitent or have any real meaning as to the time that they come, but I write when I feel prompted and when I'm ready to let God pour my soul onto a page - so here is what I've been working through for the last little while.

Most of you know the my friend Katilin Boyda, and of you who don't, she is an amazing girl that has been a friend to me since junior high and loves the Lord with everything. Just last week, on May 5, she lost her battle with cancer and went to meet the Lord, at age 17. There is absolutely no question as to if her relationship with the Lord was one that would allow her to spend eternity with Him, and I guess just out of selfishness it makes me sad that she didn't get to experience the little things that this world has to offer. But she experienced so much in the short life that she lived! Her maturity and advancement in most social realms allowed her relationship with Jesus and with most people to be much more advanced than the average high school student.


September 2, 2012 - That is where I left off my blogging about Kaitlin and life last year. My journal was able to blow up for a while after that but once again I found myself slipping into a life that didn't have time for God or appreciation of the people that He has chosen as His children. It has been almost two years since I started my journey with YWAM and although I feel that I was a child of God before my time spent there, I have never had a more tangible feeling of the Holy Spirit as I did when I was able to be completely focused on my relationship with Him. What a gift! A school that is dedicated completely to growing disciples of the Lord - when so many people in the world are dying to serve Him we are attending institutions dedicated to making us stronger in our relationship with Him and our battle with the enemies of this world. And yet I find myself to falter and detach myself from the one "person" who relentlessly pursues my soul. I don't feel that I am no longer a follower of Christ, but I am amazed to see how I have much I have regressed in my faith and dependence on Jesus Christ. I was reminded of this blog today and have felt called again to use my fingertips to articulate my spiritual journey. I imagine that most people who consistently read this will never read it again, but if nothing else I have been given a gift to be able to make sense of what the Lord is doing in and around me - as much as we are able to put words to the working of God. I also feel blessed to be reminded of Kaitlin's journey with the Lord as I often am. So here I start again - with a new school year ahead. One that I find hard to juggle with anything other than studying, but I have now made a commitment, potentially an extremely influential one. Thank you Lord for choosing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment