Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Week One YPDTS

Week one of YPDTS is now complete and it feels like I have been here for a month and a day all at the same time. The Lord has blessed me with amazing people to fellowship with and being around a small group of people so intensely living for God has been extremely benificial for me already. Not that I don't have amazing fellowship at home, but being in a place where focus is on the Lord number one and everything else second, has allowed for a breath of life to once again flow into me. We have spent most of the week in times of bonding and put in situations where we either have to get to each other really quick or be awkward and so far there has been nothing negative I can report about the way people are interacting. I value being able to observe how others follow Christ and espcially being in an enviroment where dating and marriage are not number one on everyones minds. This has allowed for comfort and ease in worship and other aspects of living in such close community. We were ableto clime on of the many beautiful mountains earlier in the week in Estes park and a group of us ended up taking an unplanned, extremely difficult offroading detour. With the heat (praise Jesus!) and the quite steep, rugged terain I didn't even give myself the energy to look around, but when we were stopped and told to turn around, the view was idyllic and the whole trip and extra effort was worth it for once chance to see how amazing God's creation is. This is an example of what has been going on this week, but we have had extremely intense worship times that God has used to moved so many people already and being able to go to church with a new community was nice as well just to see how other people praise and worship the Lord. I have found myself taking comfort in knowing that  God is going to be my only Rock and stability in this next five month adventure but I am blessed with the people he has put around me for guidance. I am struggling with the type of identity that I need to pursue to be a follower of Christ and hearing and being able to distinguish his voice from the other voices going on in my head. Though I am not so good at this yet, I have felt and been enlightened of my immense authority to rebuke Satan out of my life and by being Gods child, he will protect me! Well this was only week one, so I can imagine that the transforming that is going to happen in the next while is going to be crazy! But I am excited to take you all along with me and let you see a bit of how God is working in me. I am encouraged to hear from home and I miss and love you all, but this is part of me learning how to take up my cross daily and follow Christ. I appreciate your support and prayers, I am definatley going to need them!!! as well as everyone here at eagle rock and YWAM around the world.
Love you xo

No comments:

Post a Comment