Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week Two YPDTS

I think I must have changed into a entirely new person since I left home because this week I BY CHOICE woke up at 4:45 am to go on a three hour hike beginning at 5am. I'm pretty sure that I have never in my life have had motivation to do something remotely physical ha, but reaching the top was the most amazing thing. We decided to start so early so that we could see the sunrise between the peak of two higher mountains the the top of the one that we were on and singing songs of praise, while the sun rose over the most beautiful creation has sprouted a new passion in me. I have realized how much hard work pays off and believe me, climbing a mountain in pitch black is something of a struggle, but the Lord blesses his faithful servant, even when their actions are directed entirely towards him. I have been reminded of the difference between special and general revelation this week also, and never before have I appreciated general revalation so much. I also experienced his pleasure in bringing his creation joy while searching for a small purple flower that had brought be joy in the last few days whenever I would pass it. As I was reading the Word, I was trying to find this little flower everywhere and I couldn't seem to find it in all the places that I thought I recognized from before, so I settled on a fallen tree with beautiful needs and branches overlaying each other. When I sat on the trunk admiring the auburn needs, one small, purple flower had weaved through the branches and stared right at me. I fell in love with the Lord all over again and realized how much joy he finds in pleasing his favorite creation. God is good.
This week was something much different than last weeks adventures. It was the first week of classes and school like experience and again I feel like I have known the people around me for a life time, but each day goes by so quickly I am learning that I need to appreciate every day as its own, because they go by so fast. Our speaker this week spoke on the character and nature of God and I am reminded through each characteristic that God is so worthy of our praise. Not only have I been able to spend a lot of time in his theory I have also for the first time experienced his personal messages! I was so excited because everyone here seems to have a back and forth conversation with the Lord and I have never had that before, but this week in our time of intercessiong the Lord blessed me with seeing his will and putting  his will on my heart. God's voice is beautiful and perfect, I am shocked that in my former years I wasn't searching for this, because now that I know what it's like, I don't ever want to lose it. The Lord is definately making his presence known in this place even through our relationships with each other and I am so thankful that he is our Saviour and that he gave us the absolute best there is to offer, himself/the Son Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 2:19(b) "..for man is slave to whatever has mastered him."

No comments:

Post a Comment